VHPB Program Eligibility
- A veteran must have been a Mississippi resident immediately prior to entering the Military Service or have resided in Mississippi for two (2) consecutive years immediately preceding the loan application.
- The veteran must obtain a Certificate of Eligibility from the Department of Veterans Affairs.
- The veteran must have been discharged from active duty service under conditions other than dishonorable.
- Reserve and National Guard personnel who have 6 years of service or more are eligible to apply for a loan.
- Active duty military personnel are eligible to apply for a loan, two-year residence required.
- Reserve & National Guard Personnel who have been activated for extended active duty service under Title 10 US Code are eligible to apply.
- An unmarried surviving spouse of the above described eligible veterans who died as a result of service or service-connected injuries may qualify for this program.